Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Mighty Barroth

BY ARCHON

A week since release, I've been hard at work killing monsters and taking names. My next gigantic foe is the Barroth. A rocky bi-ped with a pension for mud and a wicked fast and deadly charge. He has evaded my blade so far, but his time will come. The diligent hunter must watch out for his mud attacks which binds your character, leaving you unable to attack or move quickly. Use a 'cleanser' to break its hold or have a fellow hunter give you a swift kick. He's also crazy fast and his headbutt packs a punch. If your armor is not up-to-date he can take you out in one hit. I'm going to try using some traps to incapacitate him and get my licks in while I can. Might my Great Sword be up for the task? Or perhaps my Bowgun is the way to go.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, i'm gonna help you out a bit

    1st of all get the rhenoplos Armor set. Why? because it has the sweet little benefit of preventing you from getting muddy so you won't have to worry about that

    2nd it realy doesn't matter what weapon you use but i DO have a suggestion if you're desperate: Get a bowgun (the qurupeco medium bowgun is quite nice. So here's what you do stock up on Fire S you can carry 60 of them so make sure that you do. Also Bring The maximum of Pellet S Lv2 where's why pallet is a dream when it comes to temoving the pesky mud and you don't realy have to aim (don't get me wrong you still have to point the barrel at your target but pellet S has a nice area of Impact

    3rd by now you probably guessed where i'm going with this so as soon as you removed most or all of the mud break out the Fire S and Give him hell (for maximum efficiency aim for the parts that aren't covered with mud anymore)

    Alternatively tou can also stock up on Poison S and let his health go down as you dodge his attacks providing a continuous stream of damage (however small every bit helps against that tank on legs)

    A last advice i might provide would be bring a shocktrap and a pitfall trap and use them when he's Drooling onde trapped Switch to Crag S (an explosive bullet) And shoot all of them in his forehead

    Provided you did enough damage to his head it wil break (not recomended to first time bowgunners) now every shot of crag has to count because you an only bring 9 of them on the Hunt

    I hope this helps you out if not .....Well i tried

    Grtz
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raven,

    Thanks for the help. This was an old post and I've since beaten the Barroth many times, but no doubt others could learn from your tips. Do you mind if I use this comment as a guest post to our blog?

    Best,
    Archon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little trick I picked up when a fellow was angered by the mud-flings: Try shaking the shit out of the wiimote. Imagine it is something you really want to throttle, or do what feels natural if you are the lonely sort. Posting this mostly for anyone else looking to down the barroth, but the comment still stands. as nothing was around to damage me, no hunters to aid me, and Bar didn't slap me with his tail, I have to suspect that this was, in fact, the way I got out.

    ReplyDelete