Sunday, March 14, 2010

Monster Hunter Tri Hands-on Impressions

BY ARCHON

My impressions of the Monster Hunter Tri Demo were written from the point of view of someone who had never before played a Monster Hunter game. I think this is a valuable viewpoint but my guess is that there are thousands of people out there who have tried their hands at Monster Hunter back on the PS2 or on the PSP and want to get a taste of what the game might be like for them. Well Greg Miller over at IGN.com posted some of his impressions of the game (not the demo). Here are some of his thoughts along with a link to the full story if you'd like to read more.

"Monster Hunter Tri has me more excited for this series than any other entrant I've tried"


Speaking about the classic controller vs the wiimote-nunchuck controls: "Each and every review (of the previous Monster Hunter games), I complain about how rotating the camera via the D-pad is a slow and arduous process that leads to lowly Velociprey killing me. So to have the freedom today to swing that right analog stick and have the camera follow while one button snapped the camera to my back was incredible. "


"There are new weapons, new areas, and new monsters. In fact, only three monsters are returning from prior games."


And the comment that really caught my eye: "...after my short, short demo of Monster Hunter Tri, I can honestly tell you that I've never been more excited for a Monster Hunter game..."


Click here to read the full article

No comments:

Post a Comment